Hi everybody today I am back with some beauty and a review of the Procoal London activated charcoal teeth whitening powder.
I am always striving to get whiter teeth and have used many of the chemical teeth whitening products in the past. But knowing that they contain some pretty heavy duty chemicals does not really fill me full of joy. So when I was asked to review this natural product I was interested to see how well it would work.
The product is 100% natural & vegan, contains no synthetic additives, preservatives, foaming agents, fluoride, artificial colours or flavours. It is also free of abrasive baking powder or salt. (Taken from press release)
Ok so I had seen some previous reviews of this product saying it can be quite messy so I actually got some new brushes to use with it, because I didn’t want to use my electric toothbrush with it.
I got a set of Oleva brushes which help to get a deep clean. So it was not as messy as I thought it was going to be and yes it is black as you can see from the picture below. I would recommend doing this in the shower, as you really do not want black spatter on the clothes you are about to go to work in.
Hmmm lovely hey lol. I had seen review from people saying it stained their tongue but I didn’t have any issue like that. You do need to make sure you give it a very good rinse after using otherwise you will be left with a gritty texture in the mouth. I used it twice a day for 3 days and then once a day for 9 days. So you ready for the results…..
Amazing or what?? Amazing me thinks. Seriously this natural method of whitening my teeth has worked better than any other product I have used. Ok so some points to remember.
- You need to use a different toothbrush than your normal one, unless you want it to turn black 🙂
- This will only work if you use it regularly, however I noticed a difference in 2 days.
- It can be a little harsh on sensitive gums, and I assume this is down to the Coconut Shell, so go easy on the brushing, however I did feel like I had a good interdental clean after first using this, but that could have been the toothbrush.
- Results may vary dependent on your lifestyle. The only thing I have making my teeth brown is coffee & tea 🙂
- Please consult your dentist before changing your oral hygiene routine, I had actually asked my dentist about this prior to using it and he said it should be just fine for me to use.
Procoal can be purchased directly from their website you can purchase 2 jars for £15.99 or individually for £9.99 (which is an introductory price). I will definitely continue using this product as I have seen fabulous results. I will probably only use this 4-5 times a week now to maintain my pearly whites :).
Thanks for reading xxx